Puerto Rican women are extremely feminine, sexy, and confident beings that are more than likely able to blow you away with their looks at the tip of a hat. However, not just for looks, but, Puerto Rican women also happen to be great lovers, girlfriends, and most importantly make excellent wives. But, before jumping into a serious relationship with one and setting yourself up with a Latina bride, its important you prepare yourself for what to expect.
In reality, there are significant differences even given the close proximity between American culture and Puerto Rican (Latina) culture. And, we don’t by any means think this is a bad thing. In fact, quite the contrary, which is why Latinas are so sought after, especially by Western men and foreigners from abroad.
Also, you’ll notice thanks to proximity again that chances are your Puerto Rican bride will be bilingual, which is a huge bonus and very attractive for all types of situations. But, most importantly, they’re excellent caregivers, very passionate towards their family, husband, and own children. They also happen to typically yes, be excellent cooks, know how to take good care of their homes, and take great pride in the reputation as they see outlined by the success of their family which means you should too.
What to Expect When Dating A Latina
For better and for worse, there are several other things you should know about Puerto Rican women before diving into a relationship with one. For example:
- Chances are, your Puerto Rican wife will know how to dance, love dancing, know of several types, and expect you to dance too. So, if this is not something you’re crazy about, or at least doing as often as she, at least be prepared to trust her enough, and avoid conflict with the reality that she will, and often find yourself doing other things by yourself, with your family, her family, or friends while she continues to dance the night away.
- Puerto Rican women, as should be expected with Latinas, are very strong-minded, know what they want, and while they know how to treat their man like kings, they likewise expect to be treated like a queen in return.
- Not to necessarily be mistaken for attention-seeking, they do enjoy standing out and being unique. Although, this is also something understandably connected to their national, as well as feminist pride, so, something that should be expected and accepted by you before diving into a marriage together.
- Puerto Ricans are big on cosmetics and appearance, so, while that doesn’t mean necessarily materialistic or consistently fashionable on your part, they do expect you to always be well-groomed and presentable which leads us to our next point.
- Unfortunately, as experienced with many (although not all) Latinas, chances are shell never be on time according to your clock or expectations. Although, this does not mean that she does not love you, care, or respect the importance of the event. But rather, that looking as good as she does (and will) takes a lot of time, work, and yes, you guessed it, beauty sleep! Needless to say, patience will be a virtue when it comes to a successful marriage to your Latina wife.
Latina women in general, typically, are very confident, and swift in expressing their wants or desires, needs, and intentions. So, likewise, you should be too.
And, while no, this does not mean you need to be the smoothest man who approaches her, it does mean you need to be clear to her as to what your intentions are, why, and make a sincere (continuous) effort to show her that you’re the one for her and have what it takes. After all, having a Latina wife is a privilege, and wont come easy or at least it shouldn’t.
Last but not least, Puerto Ricans absolutely love sports think Futbol (soccer) are very active, enjoy playing them, and also know their way around beaches. So, before you go running off dragging her to Atlantic City for a day-trip, do your due diligence in researching the country, environment and yes beaches which shes grown up around or become accustomed to.
Why a Latina Wife is Right for You: Fact from Fiction
The fact is, Puerto Rican women are not subservient, so if that’s what you’re seeking, you’ve come to the wrong place. Also, in many cases, depending not only on her level of maturity and experience but, also how you treat her she may or may not often demand attention. Although, just like shell help you grow and influence your personality, likewise you can influence hers if its meant to be!
Do Puerto Rican’s often have a hot temper? Is the clich true? We cannot say for certain, but, what we will say is this: Treat your Latina wife how you want to be treated. Besides, nobody is perfect, and determining whether or not a woman (or man) is hot-tempered should be based on that specific individual, not stereotyped across an entire ethnicity, country, or gender.
Generally speaking, yes, Puerto Rican women (as most women do) enjoy being lavished, but, this is optional and ties into your responsibility in determining the right woman for you and your life (and budget) or spending habits. And to touch once more on temper, just like with any woman, yes, you should expect a serious (likely negative) reaction from your Latina wife if you have a problem with wondering eyes or similarly insensitive behavior.
Puerto Rican Women Love Confidence
Also worth pointing out, Puerto Rican women much like a lot of Latina women, do not and will not be attracted to nor settle for a man that isn’t a go-getter, who doesn’t have confidence, or easily accepted defeat. Sorry, but its just the truth and shouldn’t come as a surprise for most women in general.
And yes, some Puerto Rican women, as Latina women are often described to be, have a tendency to be rather jealous but what woman isn’t? If, however, she wants or enjoys getting you jealous, well, it might be worth reconsidering and finding a more mature, loving, and sincere woman with some genuine, non-demented expectations and personality traits for a companion.
If not anything, just remember; Salsa, Reggaeton, and Bachata. These are all dances and various Latino-influenced music and parts of her culture you should familiarize yourself with so you can both have fun, and enjoy each others company. Think shell absorb your last name if and when you get married?
Think again, because the chances are slim its just not common in Puerto Rican culture, sorry. And also, prepare for scoldings and random inspections by Tia (her Aunt), but on the bright side, frequent invitations and hours worth of enjoyable dominoes games with her Abele (Grandfather).
Remember, Puerto Ricans and Latinas, in general, are very traditional, and, other than likely plastering your couch when you’re not looking to prevent spills and keep it clean, a lot of their personality traits or cultural tendencies can be justified with both logic and genuine appeal.
When in doubt, don’t be discouraged. Just remember, even in somewhere as seemingly close as Puerto Rico you’re still considered exotic. And besides, if your true destiny or future Latina wife is waiting for you there, all you have to simply be is yourself. Don’t try to over impress her, or be someone you’re not.
She and her family will understand that you come from a different culture, with different habits, or personality traits and this is not a bad thing! Different can be great really great and chances are that’s exactly what shes looking for. Just don’t make the mistake of thinking that with a Puerto Rican, as with any Latino family, that you’ll have a shot with her if you cant make it past her family, earn their respect, or approval.
In the end, destiny, her love, and an inevitable connection can be the only things that bring a true, lasting and meaningful marriage for you and your lover.